Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hokkaido Sushi : Sushi Kantaro

Since Hokkaido is well-known for their seafood and my friend wanted to visit a kaitenzushi shop (sushi go round), we decided to visit Sushi Kantaro in Hakodate since it is a bay area and sushi kantaro is actually quite well-known there, having several branches in Hakodate itself. Sushi kantaro has a branch in Otaru, Sapporo airport and I think Osaka as well.

We visited the branch near Goryokaku Park and while the sushi weren't cheap cheap, it was value for money as in the sushi are really fresh and worth the price that they charged.



It was a fairly big outlet and it was empty when we went (we went at about 3pm) so there weren't any sushi going around the belt so we had to order (which is better actually, fresher somehow?) and the sushi chefs will ask us the amount of wasabi we want in our sushi so I thought it was a sweet gesture.


Scallop


Shirasu















I ordered chawanmushi as well cos it's my fav and I am so glad that the ginnan (gingko nut) that was in the chawanmushi is the sweetest I have ever tasted. Loved it!


I ordered the 3 kind of aburi fish -salmon, engawa and maguro


ikura, negitoro, uni

More info here (eng web).


Sushi Kantaro Goryokaku Park branch (they have other branches in Hokkaido, Osaka etc too):
Address: 25-17 Goryokaku-cho, Hakodate, Hokkaido 北海道函館市五稜郭町25-17


Operating hours:
11:00~22:00
Access: 15min walk from the Goryokaku Koen-Mae streetcar stop

Thanks for reading this post, if you would like to support me, please make a small contribution through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment