Monday, October 17, 2016

Japanese Skincare product review: Sekkisui Perfect UV Gel

I guess Kose is a well-known brand, especially with their Sekkisei line.  However, do you guys know about their sub-brand sekkisui which is exclusively sold at 7-11 Japan?

Sekkisui is a cheaper version of sekkisei, using less ingredients in their products (but it still works quite well). I think the Sekkisui line only included sun block and cleansing foam when I visited a few years back but recently they have been releasing masks, toner and moisturiser as well.

I always see tourists from other Asia countries buying Sekkisui products by cartons in Japan 7-11. It is actually quite scary lol. I always buy 1 or 2 for personal use though.

On to the product: Sekkisui Perfect UV Gel
This is a SPF50+ sunblock by sekkisei which looks similar to sekkisei (packaging-wise), I thought it was a knock-off brand at first and then I saw Kose at the bottom then I realised it's from the same company.




Top: Sekkisui
Bottom: Sekkisei

Review: As you can see, there is really not much difference between the 2 brands. The gel is easily absorbed into my skin, leaving no sticky residue. I would even say that this is light and less sticky on my skin as compared to Sekkisei Sun Protect Essence Gel.  This is, however, less moisturizing as compared to Sekkisei. At about 700 or 800 yen, which is like 10 sgd or so and having the same SPF as sekkisei, I would say that this is a good investment. Just slap on some really light moisturiser together with this and you are ready to go. People with oily skin can just use this alone and it will be enough I guess.

More info (in eng): here

Thanks for reading this post, if you would like to support me, please make a small contribution through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment